Friday, September 5, 2008

The Verdict IS IN

It started like this:

Attorney: Please state your full name

Me: Lynsey Dorsey

Attorney: Who is this man standing next to you?

Me: I have no idea.......(Just kidding, You don't joke around in court)

Me: Marcus Dorsey

Attorney: Is he your husband?

Me: Correct

Attorney: Has this infant been in your care for 6 months?

Me: Yes

And so it went, until the Honorable Judge Anderson said these sweet words, "This infant is now yours as if she had been born to you naturally."

Neither Marcus or I needed to hear these words to feel any differently about our Zannah, but having a birth certificate and social security card are seemingly important now-a-days.

This is the Honorable Judge Anderson who chose our case first. Sometimes good benefits come with attending the same church as the judge.
We knew the attorney was our kind of guy when he walked in with his 10 gallon cowboy hat on--he is a professed rancher that does lawyer stuff on the side :) He also gave Zannah this dog.

12 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so happy for you! Zannah is such a beauty. She never takes a bad picture.

Jen said...

Yay for happy verdicts! :) And yay for a cowboy judge...love it. And yay for you and Zannah...you guys are the cutest family ever!!!

Jeff and Rach said...

Woohoo!!! That is so cool! I am so happy for you guys.

TiffaniS said...

Congratulations you guys! We're so happy for you three! Now on to the temple!

Kristyn said...

That is wonderful!!! I was a little nervous at first about why you were in court. Glad you weren't in trouble Lynsey. That has to be the best verdict ever read!

Tamara said...

Me too, I was nervous. I thought, "Why is Lynsey in court?, and Why is she joking with the judge?, and Why is Marcus with her, and What did they do?" Now, I understand and WOOOHOOO! Congrats! That is good news! I love that little girl. She is a doll!

alison said...

Congratulations!! That made me teary-eyed. :)

monica said...

Waaaahh Hoooo and YEEE HAWWW! See Ya'll Real Soon! You (we) are a very blessed family!

Wendi said...

We are sooooo happy for you guys! And I'm happy for the judge and the cowboy lawyer and for the person who took your picture and.... well...give Miss Z a hug from my family! Can't wait to see you in the temple...Can this be my RSVP? love you!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

I couldn't be more happier for you guys I wanted to start crying when you said it in RS on sunday....Your right she was always yours but haven that stuff sure come's in handy lol

Family Scads said...

Yeah!! I am so happy for all of you. P.S - that is the cutest picture of Zannah ever!

Maria said...

so happy for you guys! we got the cute invitation for her sealing and really want to come down...we'll see what's going down around here next weekend!