Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Greatness 2008

I am so thankful for family that not only gets along, but truly loves to be together. We had over 50 family members for Thanksgiving dinner and we were even missing a few families. Time with Grandma and Grandad always goes way too fast.

SOME OF THE EVENTS INCLUDED:
*INTENSE GAME OF NERTZ
*ROCK BAND MADNESS
*BASKETBALL
*BOYS IN DICKIES
*ZANNAH GETTING TO KNOW HER COUSINS
*PLENTY OF KING OF THE HILL EPISODES (I don't get what those boys see in that show)
*FINDING THE DORSEY MANSION











AS WE WERE DRIVING HOME WE HAPPENED UPON THIS:


AND COULDN'T RESIST THE DETOUR TO CHECK OUT THIS:




(Swimming pool in the shape of an 8)

What are the odds we would find this Dorsey mansion in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico? It was closed to tours 2 years ago, but with luck we ran into the caretaker and he invited us in. And with more luck, we weren't killed and stashed away in that mansion never to be found (the thought crossed my mind) It was built in the late 1800's by Stephen Dorsey. 10,000 sq ft of history and cluttered craziness. We loved it! Original hard wood floors, servants quarters, haunted legends, swim pool shaped in the figure 8, original owner's faces sculptured into the stone (1st pic). What a way to end a perfect weekend.

10 comments:

TiffaniS said...

It looks like a wonderful holiday Lynsey! Isn't it great to have generations of loved ones together?! The mansion is awesome and isn't rock band just so much fun?!

Angela S said...

That mansion is wicked cool!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Hahaha, love the rock band pict. That mansion is really cool! I had this creepy picture of it in my head, so it's a lot better than I imagined. I think I see the outline of a ghost in one of the picts... ;)I'm glad you're back! Don't ya love the holidays?

Tamara said...

That really is one cool mansion. I can see why it might be haunted. Did you hear or see anything creapy?

Jen said...

Wow, over 50 family members together...that is impressive! And the mansion...awesome!!

lizdye said...

Holy macaroni, I want a dickies jump suit. Those are SWEET! Happy late turkey day and guess what, EDDY IS 1. That went by fast. I love you and miss your guts and I think we should go in on the Dorsey Mansion together. Its beautiful!

Maria said...

secretly, i've always wanted a picture of my face sculpted into my basement wall...glad you had a fun time! family's the best! when are y'all here for christmas?

Kristyn said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun, though I'm not sure how you did it without us... (wink) I love the mansion. It does look a little creepy. You'll have to find out more info on it. I'm curious too.

JDM said...

Very cool.
Love the faces of the original owners.
Maybe if Matt and I add on we could put our faces on the addition.

lizdye said...

So are you into updating only once a month now? Where are you? Actually you are in Idaho. I hope you are having a blast and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Love ya, LIBO