Thursday, October 22, 2009

GoodnightLoveYaSeeYaInTheMorningSorry

Charlotte and I shared a room growing up and even shared a bed for close to 11 years. I would like to believe this made us all the more close. Although at times it didn't seem that way. Charlotte would draw an imaginary line down the middle of the bed each night and insisted that I stay on my side. Now, I couldn't control that I sleep heavy and wild and my feet are always cold. And I definitely couldn't control that when I pee'd the bed she was heavier than me and it always ran to her side.

Last night, as Marcus and I were lying in bed, I remembered something. "Goodnight, Love Ya, See Ya In The Morning, Sorry." This is what I would say to Charlotte each and every night. I would say it really fast so it sounded more like this: "goodnightloveyaseeyainthemorningsorry."
The sorry was all inclusive I would tell her, it covered anything I had done to her that day and what I might do during the night.

And she would always reply, "Mm-Hmm".

It was a good tradition and I decided to start it again last night. Although it took Marcus 3 attempts at getting the "Mm-Hmm" right, he'll learn.

5 comments:

JDM said...

I won't let Matt read this.
He is a firm believer in keeping our kids close to keep them close. But I thinkitwillbesaferiftheykeeptheirownbeds!

TiffaniS said...

Oh I love this post! I love this story so much!

Charlotte said...

That made my day. I hope you don't pee the bed anymore.

Tamara said...

You girls are so cute! Your lucky to have such a close sister.

Wendi said...

You don't know how often you make my day brighter! Now--just move closer please.