Memory Monday~
Highschool was all about friends for me. And luckily, I had (still have) an awesome group of friends. We were involved in everything together. From History Fair to BPA (Business Professionals of America) to Basketball, Volleyball and Track, to trying to catch a wild goose with our bare hands.
During goose season, which is winter time, we would have sleep overs at Nicona's parent's shop. Good times were made in that shop. And luckily or unluckily many of those times were captured on video, such as commercials and music videos to any and all Dixie Chick music. I happened upon some of those videos the other week and glowed red with embarrassment and roared with laughter simultaneously.
Back to the geese. We had a burning desire to catch a goose as it was sleeping in a frozen snow-covered field. (Hey, there are worse things teenage girls could fixate on.) I guess geese sleep in fields, right? I mean they aren't sleeping in the air. It seems obvious, yet I'm still thinking about it. Hmmmmm...
I have a clear image of us walking down the lane in the middle of the night, a full moon reflecting off the snow. Once we chose which field we were going to explore, we would crawl on our knees or bellies, barely whispering. I don't know what we were going to do, if by some miraculous chance we snuck up on a snoozing goose. I am sure brave hearted Nicona or Maryann would have wrestled it and come out holding it by it's skinny neck.
We never got close to a goose that I can remember.
But, what a tale we could tell if we had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love how crazy fun you are. It's good to know that you've always been the same.
When do we get to see the videos?
yes, i too am interested in the videos! j/k. man, if i resurrected some of those old hs things i don't know what i'd do! you never partook in any bunny bashing i'm sure on those sleepovers?!
Even if I could get old VHS tapes on here, it would be way too embarrassing!!
Heavens no Maria! We were always somewhat kind to bunnies :)
Post a Comment