Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zannah-Happenings

In the last month Z has asked both grandmas what "those are" whilst sitting on their laps and groping their chests.
One conversation went like this:
Z: Are these your hips?
Grandma: No hips are down here.
Z: Oh, what are they then?
G: Well it's my chest.
Z: Hmmm, they look like balls.
You might find it fascinating (or not) that Z has showered with me since she was a baby and she has NEVER, not once, asked me what "those are". 

At bedtime:
Zannah: Will you sleep with me mom?
Me: No you are a big girl.
Zannah: Please I need a woman to sleep with me.
Me: You have bunny to sleep with.
Zannah, "No mom! I need a real woman to sleep with me!!"
In my head: Well keep on looking deary, because until you hit puberty, there isn't a real woman in this house. 

Last but not least, we found the Z-miester's jackpot last night. At dinner I told the kids whoever ate their whole plate would get a cookie. I started cleaning up dinner and Marcus caught Z coming out of Max's room with her empty plate. Lo and behold, we found a pile of food behind Max's dresser that consisted of scrambled eggs, strawberries, carrots, blueberries and quesadillas. And here I was smugly thinking for weeks that she had become such a great eater. Awesome.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I so wish I could come hang out with you and Z. You two are too funny!!

Charlotte said...

I am laughing so hard!

Trev "N" Dez said...

LOL!! That is so crazy!!! Stinker!

lizdye said...

Oh my gosh, she is hilarious! I love her! So glad to read your updates

Yardley Cattle Company said...

I miss you woman! I had to get on here tonight just to read this to John. She is a hoot:)

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Oh, how I love Missy Z! :) I actually think she's showing you what a loving sister she is, saving food for Max in his room for when he gets the munchies at night or something. Such a sweet girl! ;)

Anna Min said...

This post just totally made my day! Thank you for sharing:)