Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm Pregnant!

Marcus and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary this month.  I never thought at 10 years I would  see a little heartbeat growing in my uterus!  Still cannot believe it.

As per routine with our family, we don't do things the typical way.  We did an embryo donation/adoption.  If you haven't done IVF, then you have probably never considered what happens to all those left over created embryos.  Until last year, I thought the only options were to keep them frozen and keep transferring, have them destroyed, or donate them to science.  But, another option is you can donate your embryos to other couples.  

It is much more affordable than IVF or regular adoption AND is like a very early adoption with the benefits of carrying the baby yourself.  When we met with the doctor, we were told we were 10th in line as far as choosing embryos.  But, we could look at the list of embryos no one else seemed to want.  I don't know what people were smoking, there were many great options.  We immediately grabbed the only 2 sets of mixed race embryos on the list.  We all know I am obsessed with my mixed race babies.  This little baby growing in me is 1/4 Hispanic 3/4 Caucasian.  I am due late August.  

We are just thrilled at the miracles Heavenly Father has in store for us, miracles I never saw coming!

11 comments:

Angela S said...

Oh what a blessed mix of both blessings!!! And to experience pregnancy is awesome too. Oh Lynsey I'm crying tears of joy and have tingles. I'm so. happy. for. your. family! That is glorious and awesome and YEAH!!!!!!!!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

YAY FOR BABIES! :) I seriously cry and smile big cheesy smiles whenever I think about you like 505 times a day. So excited for you guys, and this sweet baby is going to be so blessed to be in your family! Praying that you'll have an easy and wonderful pregnancy. Love and miss you guys terribly! PS--those Christmas pics of your boy are seriously hysterical! I'd be the same way! ;)

Scottfunkel said...

That's Great! And it only seems right seeing as how our moms are part Mexican too!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! I am SO excited!

Trev "N" Dez said...

Wow!! This is the most exciting news EVER!! congrats!! I did not even know this was an option!! Sure this baby is going to have more of the beautiful hair your others babies have!! Makes me want a little mix raced baby!!

Jen said...

OH MY GOODNESS....THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Lynsey, I am so overly excited and thrilled for you and your family. I saw this late last night and had to go wake Curtis up to tell him! :) I can't stop thinking about you and just how wonderful this whole thing is! Congratulations. You are one good momma and those babes of yours are sure lucky!

alison said...

This is exciting on so many levels, Lynsey!! CONGRATULATIONS to you & Marcus both!! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy & am excited for you & Charlotte to have cousins so close in age!
Best wishes from Alison & Clint

Kara said...

Oh my gosh lynsey! I am so excited for you! Did you go to icrm? I love them! We did ivf in november and are expecting twins in july...so happy we both have little miracles growing inside us!

King Lady said...

I'M SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!! NO, REALLY!!!!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Oh my goodness! I am so thrilled for you guys! What perfect news!

monica said...

ASTONISHING! I can't wait to congratulate ya'll in person. what Gifts God has given you! Yeah for Miracles!