We are growing a garden. It may look small. But, don't be fooled, I have carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, onions, parsley, basil, and cilantro growing in there. This is "square foot gardening" if you haven't heard of it before. 100% of the harvest in 20% of the space and LESS work!! Who can turn that down? And because of the longer growing season down here, we are planting a box each month so we will have a continual harvest. Yup, saving pennies in the vegetable department.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
WOO HOO!!! I cant believe it finally happened. I love it. you are a pro blogger. Love the pics, and the garden, and your hair is freaking LONG....Im jealous. See you soon! Seriously.
Yeah! Blogging is addictive and I really don't know why. It looks fab! Zannah is soo cute. You guys are a darling family. I am adding you to my blog. Good thinking on the garden. Keep us all posted on how it turns out.
Very nice! Congrats on the baby girl, she's adorable! How are you guys liking Texas? Hope everything is going well! Check out our blog www.jamesandmolly.blogspot.com
Awesome garden. You will have to teach me the 100% in 20% way. I don't have access to one now but one day I will by-golly.
Marcus and Lynsey- I was so excited when you commented on my blog!! I'm so glad to see you guys have a blog too. Now maybe we can keep in better touch. I miss you guys!! It looks like you have a little one now....she is adorable!
I love the garden. We actually had 2 garden boxes like that in our backyard in Kaysville. I miss having a garden. Its way too cold in Laramie for any such thing:(
It was good to catch up a bit...keep on bloggin!
I think our house is based on this same concept. Small house & 100% more babies. We better expand the "home garden" before we double the numbers again.
We're are excited you guys have a blog.
Now I know where I'm walken to for some veggies lol great job
First off I am so glad that you have a blog!
I have only been bugging you about it for a year now. But it's your lucky day since I will only bug you about other things from now on.
Second.. WHO ARE YOU! That is so cool that you are doing that garden. Matt and I have been on a food storage kick this last week and have talked about starting a box like yours. Will you help me do it since I have a black thumb?
Lates.
Lynsey- Thank you so much for your heart-felt comment on my blog. It made me tear up. Zannah is so beautiful...and she is lucky to have such wonderful parents.
We definitely should get together. Denver is only 2 hours from us. It would be really great to see you guys and catch up.
Post a Comment