I am finally responding to being tagged by Libby-Lou-Lou. I have been saving this for when I have nothing to post. So, the rules are simple, list your pet peeves.
1. My number one pet peeve is when people use the phrase "just wait". Just wait is usually followed by something like 'just wait' until you have kids and you'll never sleep again or hang out with your husband. Or 'just wait' until she turns 2 and she's a terror. Or 'just wait' until she is a teenager and you won't like her anymore! 'Just wait' never seems to end with something positive, like 'just wait' in 2 more years you are going to love her more than you could ever imagine and she is going to be running around and talking and will be adorable. Instead this phrase seems to leave me irritated and most of the time it is a slap in the face, because I was 'just waiting' for what seemed like a LONG time to get this precious little human being and I CAN just wait, because I am loving what stage she is in right now, good and bad. (I am a little defensive about this one...)
2. I have never liked the the sound of people popping their fingers or toes, it makes me cringe.
3. Loud, startling sneezes. My dad and Marcus have LOUD sneezes and for some reason when they sneeze I want to throw something....very weird.
4. I can probably think of a hundred peeves, but I know that I have done everyone of them. It takes me a while to get some jokes; I waste gas---because if I am on the cell phone, I tend to miss my exits; and I speak before I think.....which leads to embarrassing situations----I am my own pet peeve for crying out loud!
I tag whoever wants to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so glad to hear from you! Zannah is so precious. I am so excited that you were able to adopt her. Girls are so fun. The only problem is that there are so many cute things for girls that you can't help but spend lots of money. Nate gets really annoyed with me about that:)
We are planning on coming to Utah on the 10th of July and staying until the 26th or so. Beck has a doctor appointment this Friday and we will know if we have the clearance to travel with him. Are you going to be in Utah anytime soon? We would love to see you.
Nate's school is a little farther away from the flooding, but I think that they got hit just a little bit. Luckily he has not had to go to school for a couple of weeks because of summer break.
I laughed out loud when I read your post on Uno tag (with the pics of the guys in girl clothes...priceless!)where you mentioned us riding on the scooter in the middle of the night yelling "the British are coming." I forgot about that. That was awesome!
Sorry to write you a book. We miss you guys. Congrats again on being a mommy. What a lucky little baby to have you two as parents.
I laughed out loud when I read about how you hate loud sneezes. I do too!! My grandpa sneezes sooooo loud, it scares the crap out of me every time. And Curtis, he sneezes loud too...and high. It always hurts my ears and makes me want to throw something too:)
And yes, you should buy a scooter from us:) The other night we were trying to count in our heads how many scooters Curtis has bought (and sold) in his life....somewhere around 30...crazy! It would be his dream to open up a scooter shop...maybe someday.
Oh Lynsey! Layne sneezes incredibly loud, and I to want to throw something at him or hit him because my first reaction to being startled is ANGER! Too funny! Oh enjoy that baby girl! I know you are! Every single age and phase is just the greatest! Thomas can now climb out of his crib and so our world is much less restful, but I keep thinking how fast Hailee Jo is growing and I just want to keep them little and love them! So even though Mr. T is into everything and always a mess, and now not going to bed let alone staying in it, he is a joy and just makes me smile! We wish you three were going to be to the reunion this weekend! You will be missed!
You've never heard of Joy Luck??? The next time you are in Utah, you gotta go there, but only if you like Chinese food. It is in the old Red Flame building in Woods Cross...just off of 5th west. Their food really is sooo yummy...and pretty cheap:)
This is why I love you ~ you make me laugh and so much of what you said is so true....And i hope Jon never sneezes by you...lol
Amen to all of them! Daiko has the loudest sneeze known to man. He gets it from his dad. I also get angry when he sneezes. Poor guy, when you gotta sneeze you gotta sneeze but my goodness. I'm afraid he's going to hurt something. The first time I met his dad, I walked in the door and heard a big sneeze. It was his dad coming all the way from down stairs. So LOUD!!
You know how loud Matt can be! Every time he would sneeze both babies would start to cry. It scared them right out of whatever else they were doing. Thank goodness they have gotten use to it! But it still makes them a little jumpy..so I think if they could talk they would agree with you.
Post a Comment