Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's a Sister Thing

Dear Charlotte,

I don't think you look like a boy or a worm for that matter. (Read here, it is hilarious) Do you remember when I looked like this? .
Many a patient was confused while I was working at the hospital. My face would glow red when I heard comments like this: "Sir, could you....." or, "Thanks, but that little boy over there is helping me...." And then I would just lower my voice and play along. (You bet it worked)

One time I was visiting Mom and Dad and I was even mistaken for Justin (my younger brother) by a lifelong friend that had just returned home from his mission. I know I was thinking the same thing: "Wow, Justin must be really hot." :)

As you and I well know, being mistaken for a boy definitely has its advantages. We save a lot of time and money in the make-up arena. It is completely liberating to go bra-less. And shaving our legs is annoying. So, maybe we are the lucky ones.
I love that this topic has had us rolling with laughter on the phone many a time. We've definitely got it made.

Love,
Lynsey
p.s. You are gorgeous and I still envy that you can wear boy-short hair better than Hally Berry every dreamed of.

9 comments:

alison said...

You two are both beautiful, however you wear your hair! And did the lowered voice thing really get by them, Lynsey?? Too funny!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Dear Charlotte AND Lynsey,
I would never, nor can I see how anyone else could ever mistake either of you for a boy, honestly! Even with short hair, you're both gorgeous. I'm tempted to cut my hair boy short to show you what a real boy-looking girl actually looks like. Very tempted.

Tamara said...

You two are always gorgeous! I could never cut my hair like that - I would look just like Eric! I can't believe you played it off as a boy. Too funny!

Kristyn said...

I know I would look like a boy if I cut my hair short. My voice is already low and I have nothing up top! Lynsey and Charlotte you guys are beautiful and hilarious! Isn't it nice to be able to laugh at ourselves... along with everybody else laughing at us (I mean me)???

Wendi said...

You two can pull off short hair. My hair is too thin and my nose too big. You both look fab!

Jen said...

You are hot Lynsey no matter how you wear your hair. I remember your pixie cut in Kaysville and I LOVED it. As I've mentioned on my blog before, I too have been mistaken for a boy many times. Even with make-up on I was still called a boy a couple of times. Some people...seriously.

Maria said...

you are the lucky ones for sure! you guys look great all the time (well, at least lynsey)...and it's the rest of us that have all this 'stuff' to work on...dieting, wrinkles, the works! not so liberating!

Charlotte said...

"Better than Halle Berry ever dreamed of"?! Your sisterly affection blinds your judgement, and I love you for it. Three cheers for bra-less hairiness!

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

I can't believe that little girl is walking or should I say big girl. Hope you guys are doing well we think of you three often.