Friday, July 23, 2010

Say What.....Take 2

Conversation at my visiting teaching appointment this past week.



Visitee: "Do you have a partner?"



Me: My face turns red as my mind contemplates what she is implying. "Um, yes. His name is Marcus and he is at work right now......." And then I mumble something about "we" being married.



Some awkward silence.



Visitee: "I meant a visiting teaching partner. I figured you had a husband if you adopted through LDS services."



What in the koo-hay was my mind thinking? That this near 70 year old lady was asking if I was a lesbian or living with my boyfriend? Next month I'm going to do the question asking.

7 comments:

alison said...

Hilarious, Lynsey!! Sounds like you are offering up lots of information about Marcus during VT visits; keep it coming! ;)

TiffaniS said...

HA! Too funny! You see...situations like that happen to me all the time. My brain doesn't work as fast as my mouth.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

HAHAHAHA! Thas all I hafta say about that. At least you didn't tell her that your "partner" was playing with his playboy this time ;)

lizdye said...

LOL! Oh man, you crack me up. Seriously, Im impressed you go by yourself...especially to old ladies homes. Luckily she doesnt have a goyter.

Trev "N" Dez said...

.....um?

Maria said...

the more kids you have, the greater your brain will fry. that's what's happened with mine. good luck with miss z. she is a smart little pup with that knife!!!!

Sylvia said...

I just laughed out loud... aka lol. I almost forgot how funny you are..