Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goings On

Marcus is in the holy lands for work. The lucky, lucky boy swam in the dead sea just this morning.

We have survived a week without him only because this lovely lady came to play.


My no-nap idea flew out the window after only one day and my guilt went with it :)

I was informed the other day that some ladies I know describe me as "granola". It makes me wonder if my air-dried hair, make-up free face, bra-less (not all the time mom), subaru-driving ways are labeling me. As long as "tree-hugger" wasn't associated with it, I took it as a compliment.

I have never met a more chill baby than Max. He is pure delight.

And he has just found his toes.


And I'll end with funny Zannah statements. That girl tries my patience to no end only because her headstrong ways rub my headstrong ways the wrong way. How I love her!

"See ya next time" when she lays down for a nap.
"It's dangerous out there" when she doesn't want me to leave the room.
"But, I love you!" when she gets put in time-out.
"Oooohhh Max, you so cute."

8 comments:

Angela S said...

I'm so glad we got to see her Sunday! Even more that ya'll stayed in at least for playgroup and didn't feel the need to run around for that. I hope you've had a great week of relaxing and laughing. The kids are dolls as alwasy!

Charlotte said...

Granola!!! That's great!

Max and Zannah are so sweet. And Zannah's right, it is dangerous out there.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Oh Lynsey, how I miss you, your granolaness, & your sweet babies. I'm all choked up just reading this post, & I'm hearing Z's "I miss you" again as I walked away. Are you sure you don't wanna move to K-town? I'm sure I can find/make another house with your name on it... In the meantime my house is WAY too quiet. Thanksgiving in Katy, anyone? :)

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Oh, & how much would you charge for "being granola" lessons? I'm in limbo with no label & feel lost. My hair lives in the pony, I don't seem to shave enough, and if I could go braless, it'd be a must. But you know now why THAT can never happen ;) sooo, how 'bout them lessons?

Jen said...

indeed we are kindred spirits. :-)

Tamara said...

I would be granola if I could but I can't pull it off like you. You are a natural beauty and don't need to fix your hair or paint your face. And I would most definitely go braless if I could pull it off without bouncing all over the place.

Your kids are so darn precious!

JDM said...

Darn you and your tree hugger ways!

We miss you guys.

Maria said...

if you've read my previous post, when i don't comb my hair or wear make-up, i have been called a p.e. teacher. granola...i'd take it as a compliment too!