Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Holy Guacamole (for all but marcus's eyes)

I'm such a procrastinator! Instead of packing this week:
  • I've baked cookies and convinced myself that it is less flour we have to move.
  • Checked out the "Great Gatsby" and "King Arthur" from the library because I HAD to take advantage of the library while we are here, what if Idaho doesn't have one. About those movies, can't believe I haven't ever read or watched the Great Gatsby before......depressing and by that I mean wow that was depressing to watch. And King Arthur had me laughing hysterically at what Kiera Knightley is wearing in the last fight scene.
  • I have 2/3rds of my visiting teaching done. Funny how even that is more exciting than packing.
  • Got my hair trimmed, gotta look good for the boxes I'm too nervous to introduce myself to.

Marcus is out of town all week and is expecting to come home to a completely packed house. And really that good guy had 85% of the packing done before he left. He always makes things look so easy, sometimes annoyingly so. But, you know what, I work well under pressure. Some of my best homework assignments were performed at 3 in the morning. It builds character or something.

9 comments:

TiffaniS said...

I HATE PACKING & MOVING!! I'm so sorry you have to do it yet I'm so glad you guys will be so close to home!!!

Angela S said...

Wow you're avoiding really well and with good stuff too...great literature and service! :) Good luck getting things finished. I've got banana chips for you that if weather gets better I'll bring out to you.

Jen said...

You are too funny. Wow, you must really hate packing if you already have your VT almost done and it's only the 9th. he he.

I'm kind of jealous that you guys are moving and embarking on a new adventure. I want to too! I'm ready for something new, which is kind of scary because we haven't even been here 2 years. Now I'm wondering if I will ever find a place where I feel like settling down for good.

Good luck with the move! Now get to packing girl.

JDM said...

I hate packing!!
the first box is the hardest.
Just remember that YOU CAN DO IT!!
And that we love that you'll be closer to us again!

Trev "N" Dez said...

Yuck I hate moving!!! So where in Idaho are you moving too?

Maria said...

i work well under pressure too...however, i never used to have 3 other people to manage when i woke up! good luck! did you get the house in hammett...i really like that area, it is so pretty and more remote!!!

Kiersten said...

Oh Lynsey we must be related! I am queen of procrastination, Like now for instance I have 4 major tests to be studying for but I thought my time would best be spent catching up on blogs!

In high school we watched the scene in The Great Gatsby where the lady gets hit with the car over and over and over again!

Can't wait for you to be in Idaho, wish you were staying in Malad longer.

monica said...

Amarillo by mornin' up from San Antone everything that I've got.. Is just what I've got on... Amarillo by Mornin'.... Amarillo's where I'll beeee.

I'd love to say that I've lived in Amarillo before. You're a lucky girl Lynsey.... You have a theme song.

Krista said...

You are too funny- love keepin up with y'all. Oh and just get rid everything it's much easier than moving it all! Ya I'm one to talk moving all my JUNK across the country! You really are the best!