(Mascara mishap)
(Z started gymnastics)
(Literally still on the phone with grandma, even after the crash)
(Max and cousin Andrew)
Comparisons are the worst. Comparing myself to others never made me happy, and comparing my kids to other kids is just as bad. I have left playgroups feeling lousy because Z didn't behave as well as other kids or Max isn't crawling as well as so and so, etc. So Z has mucho energy and I can't keep her off the top of our vehicles or from sneaking out the front door or from sneaking worms up into our rooms. What if Max loves the army crawl more than the normal crawl. I'm choosing to embrace it. Eat that.
What I know is: I'm one lucky Mama.

14 comments:
I want to eat them!
I think, somehow, we're raising 2 sets of twins separated at birth. Gabe also has crazy amounts of energy, and Asher army crawls all over the place. Hopefully, they can enjoy each other at the reunion!!
Not only are you a lucky momma, you are a great momma AND gorgeous to boot!!
You're fantastic. Its hard!!! I'd totally forgotten what littles were like. They drive you batty! You're a good mom, don't forget that.
I know just how you feel! I use to always stress out because I have slow talkers and potty trainers! Just to let you now it gets worse as they start into sports! Well for me it has. But you took the words right out of my mouth... I'm okay with it so eat that!
There's no need to stop comparing, just be more careful with who you compare with. I try to find the mom at Walmart who can't stop dragging on her cigarette long enough to tell her toddler not to run in front of the big truck. Once the older kid has saved the baby she finds the time to swear a blue streak because the older kid dropped the 12 pack of beer in order to save said baby. This always makes me feel like super awesome mom of the year.
And remember that you can always compare your kids to other kids just on looks alone. Who can possibly beat them there?
Yes, you are one lucky mama with two beautiful kids, and those are two very lucky kidlets to have you for a mama! I'm homesick for all of you. Seriously, I want Z to bring worms over to my house, and I want to army crawl all over the place with Max. Your kids are perfect! Love you guys!
I'm with Marianne.
I often wish I could go back to the days when Brynlee has the "army crawl" I cried a bit the day she quit doing that. I enjoy reading your stuff- you inspire me!
You inspire me all the time! You are an amazing mom! You are great and your kids are perfect the way they are! And, yes, embrace the army crawl, my kids did the army crawl for months before they ever crawled "normal".
you are so right! i love reading your blog. i find myself doing the 'comparing' thing too. ahhh!! so what if my kid can't throw a ball, he can outwork ya, right?
Marianne Firth Has GOT IT GOIN' ON! She knows what's up! You make me laugh M - so TRUE!
I LOVE YOU, MARIANNE! And Lynsey, pretty soon Z will get the mascara spot on like a grown up big girl, and Max will be playing football and taking out Phil and Lex like it's no thang. Every day you get closer to change. The trenches are hard, but time has a way of filling them up and smoothing them out. Big hugs from over here. Wish I could see you more often!
Oh my heck Marianne cracks me up! I can't wait till the reunion to see all our little ones playing and being crazy together!
Post a Comment