Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Desperate Times



It's potty training time again. What is this, the fourth attempt? I've stopped counting. I blame my niece Natalie for putting the "cat" idea into my head. I like cats, as long as they aren't rubbing their hair on me or jumping into my lap and they aren't in the house and they aren't mine. But, I had a weak moment. A free kitten was offered and I needed some serious leverage. Z wins most of the battles around this house, but not this time my friends. This cat is the bartering tool I've been dreaming of. I dangle it in front of her pee-laden bladder all the day long. (Figuratively speaking, I don't physically dangle the cat in front of her, although that may work) And you know what, progress is finally being made. I'm seeing glimpses of Z's future and they don't involve kids pointing and laughing at her diaper clad bum in Kindergarten.

5 comments:

Angela S said...

Awesome! Sometimes you have to wait until you can argue it through them. It was hard with Jimmy being so old (3.5) but honestly it helped a bit I think. I KNEW he could do it but had to train him to do it. Good luck!

Amber and Matt said...

Go Z, in the potty!

Maria said...

NICE! then get that thing fixed before you have bob jr's (refer to blog) that you have to bottlefeed and go nuts with!!!:)

Krista said...

We so miss that little firecracker! What ever it takes!!!

Anna Min said...

YAY! I'm hoping this comment finds you a mother of a potty trained lady firecracker!...happily holding her cat, rather than having dangled in front of her...:)