Sunday, July 8, 2012

Broken Bones

Little Maxer had a horse accident at our family reunion and broke both forearm bones.  He was such a champ for the whole saga. He slept MOST of the time in the ER.  Minus the sleepless nights, he has adjusted so well to being a one-armed show.

Don't ask me how he got up on the mantle with one arm, I'm guessing he had help from the sidekick next to him.
Funny ER story: after they gave Max morphine and codeine to help him relax while they set his bones in place, the Doctor asked Marcus and I if we wanted to stay in the room and watch or step outside.  I chose to stay and Marcus chose to leave.  As Marcus was exiting, Max groggily opened his eyes and said, "Sit down Daddy" and that was that, Marcus had to watch it too. 
And that is how we ended up with this phone pic.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh, Max, you melt my heart.

Angela S said...

I agree with Charlotte...what a CHILL kid! I love him!

Angela S said...

Good luck! Hoping it heals ultra-super fast!

monica said...

What a Cutie pie! Sorry that happened! What a trooper!

Maria said...

he is awesome! call us sometime if you're in town...