Thursday, April 25, 2013

Grandma Barbara

Grandma Barbara passed away the end of September.  If I remember correctly, it was the first day of fall.  I stole from Charlotte's blog a list:

-Valedictorian of her high school class (not unlike a few of her granddaughters)
-Loved my Granddad from the moment she first saw him (but he asked out her best friend before he asked her out)
-Had 6 kids, 26 grandkids and I don't know how many great-grands.
-Feisty and fun
-Served two missions with my Grandad
-Excellent homemaker
-During her last few days at the hospital, family members would take turns staying with her.  She told my Granddad he was the only one she missed when he was gone.
-Ate hot cocoa and toast every morning for breakfast
-Was a good sport, but usually got revenge, when we switched her and Granddad's dentures in the night   (Charlotte did that, I would never)
-Never had to dye her hair because it didn't go gray
 Theirs was a true lifelong love story.  What an example.  Below is what my Grandad wrote on her casket box. 
 All the grandkids got together at Danette and Perry's house and shared memories.

 Bart and Grandad. 
 My mom and dad.  My heart was so sad for my mom.  It is one thing to lose your grandma,  another ballgame to lose your mom.  I hope that day is far, far away for me. 

All 26 grandkids.  Grandma Barbara left quite a posterity, the amazing thing is we all really, sincerely like each other, now that is a legacy.  Our group pictures always end up like the last pic. 

No comments: