Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maxamillion turns 3








This guy turned 3.  I thought all day of his sweet birthmother and her brave decision.  Her decision was a miracle amidst her circumstances.  I think of all the what-if's that could have happened and know Heavenly Father truly is in charge.  Max is funny and sweet and definitely getting into 3 year old OCD mode.  Things must be just right or it gets scary.  For instance, last night he woke up with the sole determination to sleep with his new swords, he also had to go potty.  I told him I would go find his swords while he took care of business.  I brought the swords into him while he was still "going" and all heck broke loose.  I couldn't figure out why he was crying and screaming.  15 minutes later, he calmed down enough to tell me that he didn't want to see the swords until he was done peeing.  So, we had to reinact the whole scenario and then he went to sleep in two seconds flat.  Exhausting and funny.
Max also:
----Loves his "Nannah" (Zannah) more than anything.  They will be fighting over a toy and eventually he will say, "Here Nannah, you can have it".  She needs a push on her bike and he gets off of his and helps her. 
----Changes his clothes umpteen times a day.  Wears Z's sparkly shoes any chance he can get. 
----Obsessed with swords, sticks, guns, ropes, etc.  He always has them down his shirt and pants. 
----Wants to be a cowboy just like Papa Max and "Yex".  He loves feeding cows with them and carrying around his rope. 
----Gives sweet, un-prompted compliments.  "Mom, I yiiiikke your new haircut" (Nope I didn't get one).  "I yiiiike your new car" to the babysitter that drives a 1970's something and always has.  "Grandma, I yiiiike your bum" as she is bent over getting something out of the fridge. 
----Always climbing and jumping.  He is more cautious than Z as far as getting out of my sights, but she has nothing on his climbing and jumping and bouncing capabilities.  His head always has bruises and lacerations to prove it. 
----Wants to know where dad is at all times of the day.  Marcus can still calm him down or get him to comply much easier than I can. 
----Loves juice.
----Eats like a champ.
----Can recite his first three Articles of Faith.  I didn't realize as I was teaching Zannah, he was sitting there memorizing them himself.   

3 comments:

Angela S said...

Oh we love you guys! Happy birthday Max!

Marianne & Clayton said...

You forgot, he has the best head of hair west of the Mississippi. "I yiiiike your bum..." Hahahahaha.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

My word, how'd I miss all these juicy posts? Happy birthday to Mr. Max! Too bad we didn't live closer, I think our boys would be climbin' & jumpin' BFFs forever. Shall we force them to be pen pals perhaps? I loved your post about Grandma Barbara. Only met her a few times, but I loved her! What a legacy she leaves behind.
PS-I'm going to start charging interest on unpaid preg pics...just saying!