That would be this week, the week after Daylight Savings Time. As I drug all three kiddos into the elementary school Monday morning to sign Zannah in more than 20 minutes late, I really just wanted to flip the universe off. (Side story: in highschool a couple guy friends locked me in a garage with a doll that looked like Chucky, when I finally got out and jumped in Maryann's car to speed home in a rage, we stopped at a stop sign, I hung half my body out the window and flipped those boys the bird, who were following behind in their car. It was the meanest thing I could think of doing. It is the only time I can remember really doing that action. Now Lex on the other hand got off the Kindergarten bus and flipped us all the bird. That was funny.) Daylight Savings Time makes me irate. It is rough enough trying to get kids to bed and establish a consistent routine, and just as you have it down or at least you are surviving, it is time to "spring" ahead or "fall" back. Not to mention it messes with my own sleep. Plus, I recently read an article stating that the day after Daylight Savings Time on-site job accidents are at their highest. I have yet to talk with one person who appreciates the time change. (Although I am not around any avid golfers.) I think Idaho could and should address this. Why not fall in suit with Arizona and Hawaii and leave time the heck alone. Nature all by itself will lighten up the evenings if we could just be patient. World War 1 is over and so is the 1970's energy crisis, both reasons Daylight Savings time started and stuck around.
Utah is trying to pass a bill to study daylight savings time. Idaho and Utah have both unsuccessfully tried in the past to overthrow the time change. But, I say now's our chance. Farmers don't like it. (Did you know like children, dairy cows are sensitive to schedule change? It is messing with our milk people.) Mother's don't like it. Let's make a change! Contact your state rep! I know there are bigger problems out there, but let's start with our sleep and then who knows what we can tackle. Who's with me???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am, sister!
I'm not a big fan of changing the clocks, but I am a big fan of having more light in the evening. If the sun is up earlier in the morning, it does me no good; I'm at work. If the sun sets later in the day then it is much more useful.
Post a Comment