Thursday, August 14, 2014

Max sayings and close calls

Max: Don't marry.
Me: I'm already married to dad.
Max: Don't do it again.
Me: I won't
Max: I saw you.
Me: What did you see?
Max: I saw you kiss dad and it was disgusting.

As Zannah was leaving for school this morning I heard Max say, "Zannah you look really pretty today."

We had the sister missionaries over for dinner.  Max put his head under the table and then came up and said: "Hey sister! I yiiiike your shoes. They are soooo sparkly!"

During Max's prayer he said, "And please bless Ava because I hurt her today."  Ava is his friend and he had accidentally hurt her earlier that day.

A few minutes into one of Max's crying sessions or tantrums, he suddenly stops and says with tears streaming down his face and a big smile, "Just tricking ya!"  It's his way of coping I guess, because I'm pretty sure he wasn't just tricking us.

While in the car Max was asking question after question of which I didn't have the answers.  After Repeatedly saying "I don't know" to him he responded, "You should know everything since you boss at me everyday."

I try from time to time to tell Z and M about their ethnicity.  One day after Z had seen and oohed-and-ahhed over some Mexican dancers, I reminded her that she was half-hispanic and that was part of her heritage.  I then told Max that he was part black and how awesome that is.  He then inspects his arms and legs and lifts up his shirt and says, "Well, I don't see any black.  Oh wait, there is a little in my belly button. Yup there is my black."  

I have no doubt Max has twice as many angels assigned to him than most.  He is just wild and fearless and reckless.  We had two close calls this summer, a near drowning incident and a playing in the hot car and no one knew where he was incident.  I am so thankful neither turned out how they could have.  It was terrifying and humbling.  Max is such a fun, wild, sweet boy and I'm grateful he is still here.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Oh I love your max. He is my favorite and since we aren't related I can have a favorite. Tyler had one one those miracle summers. So glad Max is surviving! Cute kid.