Friday, August 29, 2014

ONE

Metta turns one today.  What a fabulous year it has been.  I just love the baby stage, I really do.  It has taken me three times to learn to slow down, not worry/compare milestones, not sweat the sleepless nights, and just enjoy her baby goodness.  (I'm thinking it would take twenty more kids to relax me on the toddler age).  My nursing days ended at 10 1/2 months.  I was sad, but proud my body made it that long.  The first couple months of nursing I didn't know if I was going to make it, but then it was suddenly enjoyable. Mom was right as usual.

Metta is teething like crazy.  I think she has 6 right now with 7 and 8 on their way in.  She scoots on her bum. (I'll post a video, it is something to behold)  She loves to swing.  She is slightly obsessed with sitting on her own chair.  For instance, she can't play the piano from my lap, she has to be sitting next to me on the bench.  On the walk to and from school each morning, she waves and says, "I" to people we pass.  She likes to give fives.  We have always had really great car-riding children and she is no exception.  Thank goodness, because she is such a lightweight, she won't be in a front-facing carseat for some time I'm afraid.  She also really loves the water.  If she hears running water, she scoots as fast as she can to check it out.  Max and Zannah just adore her.  They beat me to her crib each morning and climb right on in with her, Metta tolerates it.  

Happy birthday sweet Metta!







2 comments:

Angela S said...

Oh I am in love. She is darling! I like what you say about just enjoying babyhood. Smart momma.

Maria said...

i can't believe she is a year. we haven't even met her yet! i think i will wake up tomorrow and all ready be 80. good for you in slowing down. i have not mastered that yet. what a cutie...she kind of looks like your family from the pictures. crazy how that works.