Marcus: Zannah get ready, you have school.
Zannah: I don't want to go to school.
Marcus: You get to go to school!
Zannah: But I don't want to go, look I have a living.
Marcus: What?
Z: Look I have a living here, I'm looking after animals (she waves towards all of her stuffed animals). See my animals, you know nature.
Z likes to eat her quesedillas with tongs. The tongs were dirty and in the dishwasher when she needed them at lunch. She got them out and said, "Are the dishes in here dirty?" "Yes, they are." I answered. "Oh so these aren't ripe?" "What do you mean by ripe? Do you mean clean?" I asked. "Yup, ripe."
Z: Is the day over? I don't want to hit the slide.
Me: You mean hit the hay?
Z: No, hit the slide.
After a visit to the dentist Z says, "Well, that isn't how I imagined it would be."
Zannah was having me tie bows out of fabric she had cut into strips for her bow shop. She says to me, "Mom, keep up the good work and maybe I'll give you a day off."
Zannah has her first permanent tooth growing in on the bottom, but she hasn't lost a tooth yet nor are any loose. So, it looks like she has a second row of teeth. It disturbs me. The dentist isn't concerned about it. Z loves it. She makes comments like: I brush my little tooth everyday! or I wonder if my little tooth can bite this carrot?
After church as we are eating our Sunday dinner, we take turns talking about what we learned in our classes. Zannah was leading the discussion this particular Sunday:
Z: I learned about being a good example today.
Me: That is what I learned about too.
Z: Dad, what did you learn about today at church?
Marcus: I taught a lesson on chastity.
Z: What is chastity?
silence
Z: Come on Dad tell us all about it!
Me: Yes Marcus, please do.
Marcus: Well, yadayadyadayada (he was giving a great explanation, I just can't remember it word for word)
Z looking bored cuts him off: Okay, Max what did you learn today?
Zannah gives really fabulous prayers. She blesses the wicked. She always prays for our chickens. She thanks Heavenly Father that Grandad is with his sweetheart, Grandma Barbara. And she always remember to pray that Metta will grow healthy and strong. Recently she also added in the phrase. "Please bless Metta, we know she has a hard life."
Lately it is a fight to get Z in the tub and a fight to get her out of the tub.
Me: Zannah it is time to get out of the tub.
Z: What's the password?
Me: Please?
Z: Nope.
Z: How old am I?
Six
Z: Do I go to school?
Yup
Do I play soccer or not?
You do
Am I the greatest and the best girl you know?
Yup
Am I the strongest?
Yup
Am I the smartest?
Yup
Okay I'll get out.
While playing chase with Marcus I hear Z yell out, "I'm too old to die!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She gets cuter every year!
Hilarious Lynsey!! Thanks for posting these!! We miss and love you all!
Post a Comment