What an unexpected blessing. I had just set up an appointment to start the frozen embryo transfer process, we were shooting for a March or April transfer. I felt like this was obvious divine intervention. This was Heavenly Father having mercy on a stretched-thin, hard-working husband that had already paid a large sum financially and emotionally for 3 children and was willing to do it again on account of his pleading wife. The physical tiredness set in. I loved it, it meant I was really truly pregnant. The good sign of sickness came next.
Of course I was scanning myself regularly. First the gestational sac, then a visible yolk sac, but that tiny fetal pole didn't have a heartbeat. I was right in the gray area, when it is normal to see a heartbeat and normal to not see a heartbeat. I knew what it meant to not see that flicker within the next few days. The next time I scanned it was obvious there was no heartbeat and the yolk sac was now an abnormal size. I still had my hcg levels tested as it is hard to convince the heart what the mind already knows.
The next month was the hardest. I cried, I grieved, I didn't understand why it even happened? I became annoyed that I was still sick day and night. I was frustrated that being pregnant was keeping me from doing the transfer and being pregnant. I was paranoid about when the miscarriage would start. Would I have warning? Should I get out of commitments and obligations? How painful was it going to be? I went back and forth on waiting it out or taking the medicine to induce. Four weeks later, I finally made an appointment to take the medicine. Literally hours before my appointment I finally miscarried on my own and it wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be.
I am stubbornly learning and re-learning to accept Heavenly Fathers plan for me. I still don't have a clue why it happened. But it sure was fun to experience a spontaneous pregnancy while it lasted. The same peace and comfort came that I felt with our failed in-Vitros. A very strong reminder that I need to keep submitting my will to His. I'm thinking it may be a life long challenge for me.

2 comments:
My heart is full with things that can't be expressed adequately. This is a brave post. Thanks.
Oh Lynsey.....This makes my heart hurt. Even as "just the one of many Aunts" I take joy in seeing my nieces and nephews triumphs and am so very sad when they are sad. I had a doctor in Oregon tell me I would most likely not be able to carry and child. But getting pregnant was not hard, just the pregnancies. But watching those of you who struggle breaks my heart. You are so wise in leaning on our Heavenly Father. Love you!
Post a Comment