Metta discovered a bag of her clothes she had outgrown and started crying. She began yelling at me that I took her clothes and they weren't mine to take!
A couple nights later, Marcus answered the door and bought some fundraiser thingy from a couple teenagers. He paid with the checkbook in which Metta began crying and shouting that he was using "mommy's money" and he couldn't do that.
Metta is quite observant. She keeps a close eye on what shoes I wear and where I wear them. If I wear my pair of tennis shoes that I normally wear to work at the hospital anywhere else, she asks, "why you wearing your hospital shoes? You going to hospital?" She does the same thing with church shoes.
Zannah is having an excellent school year. After a couple years of reading struggles, something has clicked. It has been wonderful! She reads without an all out fight each night and it is heavenly. It has been a drama-free year in regards to friends and obedience at school too. Or so I thought. I ask daily how school was and what went on. One day she said she had to wash lunch tables. I asked her why. She said there was a food fight at lunch the day before and the principal was making them wash tables. Whoa there, you went to the principals office I asked. She simply said, "Yeah, but it's no big deal, we just talked it out. I only handed out the orange peels that started the food fight." But, I'll take it, last year she was in the principals office for fighting on the playground. She couldn't understand why the girl she was fighting with (by fighting I mean slapping and pulling each others hair) was crying. "We only had to stand on the wall for 10 minutes, it wasn't a big deal, but she just kept on crying."
Max bounced out of the bathroom and exclaimed, "Mom! Satan was in my heart, but then Jesus pushed him out. Not in a mean way though. But, Jesus pushed him out and I went back and washed my hands."
Max said, "Mom, you're the best even though no one treats you like it."

1 comment:
Ah ha ha ha ha!
Post a Comment