If you are male, you may not want to read this. (Although, I'm not sure any boys read my blog, except maybe you, Scotty boy)
Many of you may have great inspirational, even spiritual questions that you want to ask when you get to the other side, not I. I just want to know the purpose of this uterus of mine. And if this uterus never houses a growing baby and therefore never has a meaningful purpose in this life, I am afraid I am going to be one bitter girl.
At 4:00 AM, Marcus asks, "Are you okay," I can't answer because I am standing over the toilet with the toilet bowl cleaner in my right hand scrubbing for dear life, while my left hand is covering my mouth trying to hold back the prior evening's contents. (I hadn't cleaned the toilet in awhile and for some reason at 4:00 AM, it was imperative that it be clean before I threw up in it.) 7:00 AM rolls around and I am still bent over that sparkly clean porcelain calling this uterus obscene names, threatening that if it doesn't do something productive in the next few years, I will not hesitate to have it surgically removed (much to my mother's horror). This isn't the first nor will it be the last time that I will be at war with my pelvic contents. At least this time, it wasn't while I was on call at the hospital, and I wasn't throwing up while in the middle of scanning a comatose patient's appendix. (That was really embarrassing, nothing like the doctor and nurses huddled around you instead of the patient)
On a happier note, what a great husband I have. Marcus got up and fed Zannah and played with her all morning while I slept and moaned and slept some more. He is even going to the grocery store for me this afternoon, I guess that more than makes up for being put together with an evil, no-good, mydol-resilient, pear-shaped organ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Geez Lynsey! I'm a bit worried about you! I wish I were close by to give you a hand when you need one! (However, it sounds like Marcus is pretty great at taking care of you and little miss Z'.) Get better!
Ok so I was feeling bad, getting angry and cursing our pear shaped organ for you, and laughing all at the same time when I read that! Don't ya just love bein' a girl? I told David I will never again complain when I get my cramps. Glad you're feeling better!
What is going on? Is it your time of the month or the flu or why is your uterus sucking so bad? I will call you for the details. Til then Im sorry your so sick. Here is a virtual bowl of chicken noodle soup. Though you cant taste it, its out there in cyber space.
I wish there is something that I could say to make you feel better or make it all go away. I truly am sorry. Glad Marcus is such a great guy.
I wouldn't consider myself an expert on such things, but, maybe if you didn't have that, ahem, certain organ, it would throw off your equilibrium.
Hope you're feeling better.
Oh, I'm sorry. There is nothing worse! Do you remember when we went to your cabin for General Conference a few years ago and I was so sick I had to lay down? It always seems to happen at the wrong time. One time I had to leave work early when I was in college because I was going to pass out. EEWW!
Did you know Emma Smith asked for the curse of Eve to be removed from her, too?
I do remember that Tamara! Darn Inconvenience!
I did not know that Charlotte, so was the curse lifted for Emma? I need to know for future bargaining tools.
So sorry to do this to ya, but.....I tagged you. Check out my page to see the questions. :)
Oh Lynsey...I'm sorry. Every month without fail, I am forced to stay home from work/school and just lay on the couch with my heating pad. IT'S AWFUL!! I hope you are feeling better by now. Sometimes Curtis tries to comfort me by telling me I'm going through this pain for our kids...but what kids?? Where are the babies? I'm beginning to feel like you...why do I even need this dang pesky organ??
I had a hyster in Jan and ever since that one day of the month it hits my like a train - super moody, paranoid, stressed, etc and then I look at a calendar and realize - great, its that time of the month, I get to feel crazy for 36 hours. Its like clock work.
And now knowing exactly what was causing (at least part) of the problems during pregnancy and that it may be fixable/avoidable I can't help but wish I'd toughed it out and kept that sucker inside me. But there are still a million unknowns so its a pile of what ifs.
The female reproductive system is a pain in the butt sometimes. I've cursed Eve a time or two.
I felt really bad about laughing because of your pain. Really. But then it's not my fault you tell things in a humorous way. I used to get sick---in fact one time when I was home from school I remember telling YOUR grandpa Firth that I hurt so bad i wanted to die. He tried real hard to be sympathetic, empathetic or whateverthetic. Now my Kaitlin is in the same boat. Are we being punished in some way to have to go through this paid every month? That's a question you can ask in the after life.....
Post a Comment