Memory Monday~(even though it isn't Monday)
Charlotte told me a hilarious story that involved her hearing a conversation wrong and saying something very funny and it made me think about this one particular time I made an incredible fool of myself.
Several years ago when we lived in Kaysville, my visiting teachers came by to visit. After a lesson I don't particularly remember, but I'm sure was inspirational, we had the following conversation.
Visting teachers: Is Marcus home?
Me: Yup, he's upstairs in our bedroom.
VT's: We're sorry he has to hole up in his room on our account.
Me: No worries. He has his Playboy up there and he likes any excuse to play with it.
VT's: ........(awkward silence)....................(eyes big)......................(mouths open)............
We said our goodbye's and I just couldn't figure out what went wrong.
Ding, ding, ding.
My mind was thinking Play Station and/or Game Boy--and believe me I barely know the difference between all those contraptions, but it definitely didn't come out that way. Big Oops!Did I say I made a fool out of myself? I guess I should say I made a fool out of Marcus that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You are win.
Too funny!!
Hahahhaha!
I wouldn't say you made a fool out of Marcus...more like the topic of half the general conference talks.
Oh Lyns...that story just made my day! I can't wait to tell Nate about it.
Funny! I told Daiko just the other day that I was at a friends house and her teenage boys were off of school and they were playing the playboy. He corrected me pretty quick.
oh my hilarious! poor marcus! :)
Thanks for the good laugh!!!
Post a Comment