I've decided that if you are potty-trained that means your mom is a saint. My mom is a saint 5 times over. If Zannah goes to Kindergarten in panties I'm going to tattoo saint across my forehead.
In three days, I have asked sweetly, patiently bit my tongue, ignored, demanded obedience, thrown toys across the room, locked myself in my room and cried. And prayed alot.
Bless her little heart, Z has some serious will-power. She holds her pee and poo from 7 in the morning until naptime when the pull-up comes on and then again after naptime til bedtime.
Candy doesn't tempt her. Balloons, park-time, popcorn, Curious George: all things she loves on a daily basis lose their bartering power once she figures out what I'm asking for in exchange. Who is this girl? She seriously says "no thank you" to candy when I ask if she will sit on the toilet and try.
It may sound like she isn't ready to be potty-trained yet (I don't buy it), and maybe after a few more days I'll throw in the towel, but I have a few teeth left to yank.
Quote of the day: I was telling Zannah that it was bedtime and she needed to get her blanket and bunny. And she responded with, "Yes sir!" That has Marcus written all over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh Lynsey...I know. Seriously. I know. Email my Mom with this one and I know what she will tell you and it will frustrate you completely. But she's right. Hang in there!! You're a fabulous mom!
You are awesome. Someone told me I should start E NOW so that it isn't a struggle later. I offered them more crack.
I wish I had a good idea. Other than start throwing her favorite things away if she doesn't? Ya- there is a reason I'm not going to try this for at least a year. I need that time to check out a few parenting books.
I think you are the coolest mom I know.
You can do it!!!!! You're amazing and if you decide to stop you're still pretty awesome!
Oh, man! My friends little girl is the exact same way. It sounds like she can just doesn't want to. Mind over matter. Have you tried letting her watch her friends go potty? Peer pressure is a powerful tool!
I offered Kaylee ANYTHING she wanted in Toys R Us if she would just pee on the potty. And I would have bought it too. It didn't work. She did it when she wanted to. Don't pull your teeth or hair out. I say, back off and come back to it in a week or two. Offer the potty every day and if she refuses just shrug and say OK. But don't change her diapers/pull ups right away. She needs to feel uncomfortable so she wants to change her behavior. That is what my pediatrician taught me. Right now she has all the power. And a ton of praise goes a lot farther than candy/toys. Make a HUGE deal about it when she does go. Don't stress. I don't know any kindergarteners that still wear diapers. :)
Braylee was the same way. I finally just did panties, even during nap and bedtime, and after a long week she is potty trained. It was messy and frustrating but it seemed to work for her. She would't do treats or bribes either. She would stand on the toilet while brushing her teeth and pee. It takes a lot of patience. Good luck. It will happen.
it's like you have to put all the rest of your life on hold...literally. good luck! bridon will go #2 like clockwork on the toilet, not so much #1. it's like it's a game for him. ahhhh! call me if you're going nuts. i lost my teeth to pregnancy, you'll lose yours to potty training, eh?
You are a saint even without the stamp from successful potty training! It'll come...and Dave says if you lose all your teeth he'll make you some new ones in 4 yrs. :) So no worries.
Post a Comment