The night before Z's birthday, I asked her if she knew what tomorrow was. She replied, "It's my birthday! I'm freaking out right now!"
An interview with a fresh 6 year old. Word for word.
Me: How does it feel to be 6 years old?
Z: Great! And I feel like I am turning 7. And I am loving 6, because I love all my toys and my sewing machine. All of you, thank you so much, I love you and thank you for the presents and the cupcake cake. Mmmmmmm, yum, yum, yum.
Me: What do you think you will be when you grow up?
Z: I'm going to be a princess.
Me: Are you going to get married and have a family?
Z: Yup
Me: Where do princesses live?
Z: In a castle.
Me: You have a castle?
Z: Nope, but I could get one. I could build one by your house.
Me: I would love that.
Z: And everyday I would walk next door to see how you are doing. And one day, I will sew by myself with my sewing machine. Because it is pretty hard growing up when you miss your mom. It is pretty hard, you might miss her a lot, but it is okay because she is in your heart. But, I'll stay little for a really long time. Because we have stayed at school for 100 days. I'm almost growing up, I can't wait. Just two more birthdays and I'm baptized. Boom, boom. It already feels like it.
Me: What is your favorite food right now?
Z: Cake!
Me: What is your favorite color?
Z: All the colors. Red, pink, blue, white, brown, orange, green, purple. I can't, there are so many colors, I love all the colors in the whole entire world.
Silence. (I'm thinking of the next question)
Z: I know what you can ask, what kind of family do you like the best?
Me: Okay, what kind of family do you like best?
Z: You and Peggy. And I love my friends and I hope one day all the kids, moms, family, and the whole entire world will be our friends. I like our family and Peggy's family the best. I think everything is special to me, everything. Except bathrooms, because they are disgusting.
Me: What is your favorite chore to do?
Z: Chickens, because I love the chickens.
Me: What is your least favorite chore?
Z: Cleaning the whole entire house. I don't like cleaning the whole entire house by myself. (As if Z, as if)
Me: Who do you play with?
Z: Max, my friends. Hannah, Quinton, Clara, Eric, Samuel, Beige, Gage, I can't say them all, my whole class.
Me: Are you liking school?
Z: Yup. My friends are happy. I'm happy.
Me: What do you learn there?
Z: All the things.
Me: What are your plans for tomorrow?
Z: Letting friends come with us swimming.
Me: What are your plans for the rest of your life?
Z: Being six and having a good family. Turning like you, all grown up.
Me: What do you think about our country?
Z: I would like to live in London, maybe we could visit London? Not my friend London, the place London.
Me: Can you tell me a joke?
Z: Hmmmm. Why did the hen wanted to sit on the cow? To lay a egg on it! Put a smile face there. :)
Me: What does dad do for work?
Z: Hmmm, pay money for us. And do a lot of work.
Me: What do you think the year 2014 has in store for you?
Z: It would be March and be my birthday again and love one another.
And a joke from Dad to Zannah.
Dad: What do you like to drink? Z: Milk Dad: With cake? Z: Milk Dad: With your happy meal? Z: Chocolate milk Dad: What is in the fridge? Z: Milk. Dad: What do cows drink? Z: Milk Dad: Noooooooo, water you silly goose! Z: Ahhhh, you tricked me.
The best of Zannah:
She has the best gut laugh you will ever hear.
She loves friends. She asks to have friends over every day, multiple times a day.
She plays with Max. They are inseparable, fighting and all.
She adores Metta. She totes her around and takes care of her.
She still loves a good party, a well decorated party, any party as long as she is involved.
I decorated with streamers and balloons for her birthday. She loved it. She did not love that I wrapped her presents in newspapers. After opening, she thanked me for her gifts and kindly asked if next time I could wrap them in pretty paper.
She still has a zest for life that most of us can only hope for.

3 comments:
I am laughing so hard! Please post Zannah interviews more often.
I think whoever reads this will want to meet and know Zannah...
So great.
I am cracking up over the interview! Who is Peggy by the way?? I am also cracking up over the pic of Marcus andthe sewing machine!!!
Post a Comment