Year 2000. Junior in highschool.
Background: Story takes place in the Malad Elementary which is an old two-story building. Malad Elementary rumors include: strange noises, lights seen flickering on and off at night, and a little girl dressed in white supposedly seen by teachers and janitors.
Jason, Alex, Bryan, Dusty(I can't remember who else) for easiness sake we will refer to them as the boys, approached the girls at school and asked if we could help them with a video project for one of their classes. We would do a "Dixie Chicks" music video and the boys would direct and film. My mom works at the Elementary and therefore could lend us the keys. The Elementary Auditorium was a must because we were super professional lip-synchers.
We met up at the school that evening. Lex tagged along in order to get some homework done in the quiet, aloneness of my mom's office. As I recall the girls consisted of Nicona, Sylvia, Tammy, Heather and myself. We wore our matching "Girls Kick *$#" shirts of course. Bryan and Dusty left to pick-up Kenny, who also was joining our free concert.
Tammy and Sylvia (who were doing their hair in the bathroom) came running and screaming onto the stage that they saw a little girl in white at the other end of the hall. The rest of us went out into the hall and saw nothing.
A little while later the little girl was seen again at the end of the hall. Because some of us hadn't see her yet, and were nervously certain they were joking, we linked arms and went to check it out. Sure enough, at the opposite end of the hall, was a glowing little girl in white. She just stood there looking at us. She then turned and seemed to disappear into the wall.
Chaos insued. We ran to the office where Lex was doing homework. Girls were screaming, crying, and threatening Jason and Alex that if this was a joke, they were dead. They promised it wasn't, and seemed reasonably scared themselves. Lex didn't believe us. Lex began to mock our story. He even whipped out his pocketknife and yelled, "Bring it on Little Girl!" Bravely or stupidly, we decided that we all would walk down the L-shaped hall and peer around the corner one last time to see if she was still there. We had to prove to Lex we weren't crazy.
With thumping hearts, wet armpits, and some wimpering protests, we linked arms and started down the hall. We peeked around the corner and there she stood. The ghostly being started walking towards us and we were done for.
Screaming and running as fast as we could, we bolted out the front doors and straight to our vehicles. Lex out ahead of the pack.
Before we left a mile of rubber on the pavement, we hear Jason laughing as he tries to explain that it was all a joke. The little girl was Bryan's niece. They had dressed her up in a white dress and put baby powder on her to give her a "glowing" appearance. When she seemed to disappear into the wall, she was really walking under the stairwell and hiding.
Brilliant. The boys had concocted the perfect practical joke. Totally unsuspecting, they lured us and our vanity in like a fly to a manure pile. The icing on the cake was unbeknownst to us, Jason had recorded the whole affair. Nicona in tears, Lynsey giving the same threat over and over again, Sylvia's blood-drained face, and Lex speedily dodging in and out of the crowd to be the first out the door. It also recorded Tammy punching Jason in the face or at least the sound effects.
The cherry on top occured the morning after, when this video was played for the entire highschool to see during 1st hour announcements.
(I can't remember every detail, so some names may be wrong. I should pull out the video and rewatch it, but I still get the willy-nillys just thinking about it.)
Our 10 year reunion is coming up this next summer. Wouldn't a brilliant revenge idea be fitting?

7 comments:
Wow, that is intense!!!!
We made videos for a youth activity once with different topics, my class (laurels) was interview with the bishop, and was fun. But when we went to watch them all I discovered the priests had been seminary.
The problem was that I had a nasty habit of sleeping through most of seminary. I could sleep sitting up, over a table, it didn't matter. The two days they'd filmed I was out COLD! So the whole film was a news report but the reporter was asleep, complete with the guys doing snoring noises... It was great, parents, bishop were ALL there to see me passed out... Good times!
ha ha. that is so funny! I'm begging you to put the video on the blog! :-)
Too funny! I would have cried I'm quite sure. I would love to see the video!
i would've said swear words on film. you have the best stories ever!
You should also bring the video! What grade where we in? Bunch of jerks! They were always up to something or another! I just remember the jacka## nights!
Boys are JERKS! What a fright! I was getting scared just reading it. I think revenge would not be out of line!
Oh my I am laughing like crazy reading this as I remember the whole thing!! Oh what a fun class you had... I think they deserve revenge for sure.
Post a Comment